There are so many reasons to write a book. Some people write books for their own healing. Some write to create impact for a bigger mission. And some write for collective liberation–because something needs to be told so desperately in order to make the world a better place.
All of these are true for writer and speaker Chrissy King. Chrissy is an Anti-Racism, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion teacher for the wellness industry, and the creator of The Body Liberation Project. She’s writing her book of the same name.
I’m honored to share an insightful, educational and empowering conversation with Chrissy on this week’s episode of the Bound + Determined podcast.
Here’s what we discuss in this episode:
- The intersection of white supremacy and diet culture
- The difference between self-love, body positivity and body liberation
- The diversity challenges within the wellness industry
- The process of writing a book that potentially triggers your trauma
- When your book is a manifesto–a call to action–for important world conversations
- Using our voice + writing for liberation
Chrissy King is a writer, speaker, strength coach, and educator with a passion for creating a diverse and inclusive wellness industry. She empowers those in the wellness industry to create spaces that allow people from all backgrounds to feel seen, welcome, respected, and celebrated. In this episode Chrissy shares the importance of using your voice to create liberation.
Loved this episode? Leave a review!
I’d be so grateful if you subscribed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and left a review.
The more reviews we have, the more likely others can find these episodes too.