An Intimate and Unfiltered Conversation on Books, Brands and Business
For almost 20 years, Richelle Fredson—dubbed the “six-figure book coach”—has worn many hats within the book publishing industry and serves as a publishing guide, guest teacher, and marketing strategist for countless bestselling authors.
Now she works with aspiring authors to develop competitive book concepts, marketable book proposals and thriving online communities.
Each week on Bound + Determined she’ll give you a behind-the-scenes look at what it means to be an author today. We’re going in between the covers with authors, industry experts, and thought leaders to discuss how to both anchor your expertise AND amplify your story so you can share it with the world.
Need a roadmap to publishing your book?
I’ve got you covered!
Enter your name and e-mail below and I’ll send you my roadmap for developing your book idea. You’ll learn how to attract the right agents and publishers, and be on your way to getting your book out into the world!
Content, Style & Structure: Working with an Editor on Your Book
• Types of editors
• Understanding where you can accept and invest in help
• Things to be thinking about BEFORE writing your book
• Why writing is like grocery shopping
• What to expect from the editorial process + timeline
Understanding the Path of Self-Publishing
• Creating a book that serves your community
• The prep + planning to successfully self-publish
• What Emily learned between book 1 + 2
• Where to invest in support to get a professional product
• How to focus your book when you have a lot to say
Strategic Marketing for Your Book + Branding
• The impact of your digital footprint on your book deal
• First considerations when building your platform
• Disarming the feat around visibility
• Creating your own authentic messaging
• When + how to think about your book launch strategy
Networking to Grow Your Platform
Allison Davis & Michelle Warner
• The 1st step someone should take when growing their platform
• How to overcome self-doubt when putting yourself out there
• How to borrow audiences to grow your own platform
• Daily actions to take to attract the right followers, readers + clients
• Conscious networking
How to Brand Yourself as an Author
• What does branding mean in today’s market (and what do I need?!)
• The importance of an author + business brand
• How to weave your stories into your purpose
• Things authors can be doing on their own to define their brand
• The biggest missteps authors make when creating their brand
Want to Write a Book? Start Here.
• Getting clarity on your book’s core topic
• The 4 questions you NEED to be able to answer about your book
• Emotionally connecting to your reader
• The power and value of your stories
• Why writing a book for “everybody” is problematic